Who we are
In this Policy any references to ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’, ‘Tayrol’ or ‘Tacho2’ (a trading name) refers to Tayrol Limited company registration number 02298754.
Tayrol is a UK manufacturer of small paper rolls for use in Cash Registers, Credit Card machines and many other printers. We also supply other associated products. We respond to enquiries and orders received by telephone, email and fax. We also operate through our two websites www.tayrol.co.uk and www.tacho2.co.uk
Purpose of this Policy
From 25 May 2018 the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) came into force with the aim of establishing greater protection for personal data and enhancing your rights. Tayrol is fully committed to implementation of the GDPR.
- What is personal data and how we collect it
- Our Lawful Basis for processing your personal data
- How we use your personal data
- What we do with your information and who we might share your information with
- How long will we keep hold of your information
- Your rights and how you access the information we hold
- Right to complain
- How we secure your data
- Our Website/Cookies
What is personal data and how we collect it?
Personal data includes any information that directly or indirectly identifies an individual personally. For example: name, address, phone number, email address. We only collect the personal data that we need, we never sell, rent or otherwise distribute or make public your personal data.
As a manufacturer and supplier, we receive new enquiries, have customers, suppliers and employees.
We may collect the following personal data such as name, address, telephone numbers, email address and professional profiles, financial information e.g. card/bank details, and in certain circumstances this may include date of birth, age, gender and employment status.
(If you are a customer, any financial data including card payment or bank account details will not be stored and will be securely destroyed after the completion of the transaction.)
We collect personal data by corresponding with you in the following ways: by phone, email or via our website. We may also collect personal data about you which is held in the public domain e.g information on Companies House, Credit Reference Agencies or public platforms such as LinkedIn.
Our Lawful Basis for processing your personal data
We will only process your personal data where we have a lawful basis for doing so. We may rely on the following lawful bases for collecting and processing your data:
- Contractual – (to fulfil our obligations to you in respect of your account or service);
- Legal or regulatory obligation;
- Legitimate interest; or
How we use your personal data?
Personal data provided by you will be used to:
- perform and the fulfilment of our contract with you in relation to your account (sale, supply, purchase or employment obligations).
- To the extent that it is necessary for our legitimate business interest. (as further detailed)
- To comply with legal obligation. (e.g. government authority, regulatory body or if asked by the police investigating suspected illegal activities)
In the event that we require any sensitive data from you, we will gain your consent prior to processing this information.
We may use your personal data for our legitimate business interest in order to allow us to provide the best services and customer experience to ensure our service continues to be relevant to your needs.
- Marketing relating to the products and services that suit your needs;
- sending company updates, newsletters or marketing information;
- To personalise, modify improve our communications for your benefit; and
- Promotional or informed marketing strategies
What do we do with your information and who might we share your information with?
At Tayrol we take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information in accordance with our lawful bases. All data collected will be used in a transparent manner and in accordance with your preferences.
We may need to share your personal data with approved third parties in order to fulfil our obligations to you. This data will be limited to purely what is necessary.
We may share your data with the following:
- Third party transport companies and providers;
- Other professional companies including legal, auditors, tax and accountancy advisers and printing services;
- Credit reference agencies, identity or fraud prevention agencies; and
- Government bodies e.g HMRC
We will not share personal information for the purpose of sale or other benefit.
How long will we keep hold of your information?
Tayrol will only hold your information throughout the duration and fulfilment of the purpose of which it was first obtained.
Thereafter it will be stored in accordance with our legal bases for retention or legal requirement.
Your rights and how you access the information we hold
- Access rights – you can request a copy of the personal information we hold.
- Right to rectification – you can request that we update or make changes to the information we hold to keep it up to date and accurate.
- Right to erasure (the Right to be forgotten) – you can ask us to delete the personal information we hold on you, unless we have a legal right to retain it.
- Portability – you have the right to request that we send your personal data to another data controller.
- Right to restriction –you can request we restrict our processing of your personal information.
- Right to raise objection – where our processing relates to legitimate business interest, you can request that we stop.
- Right to complain to the supervisory authority (as detailed below)
If you want to know what personal data we hold or if you need to update, amend or in certain circumstances ask us to delete your personal data please contact us in one of the following ways shown below:
- Phone: 01904 608852
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: Tayrol Ltd, Unit Y12, Elvington Industrial Estate, York Road, Elvington, York YO41 4AR
***Please be aware that if you request your information be deleted (where we are permitted to do so) this will prevent us from contacting you and supplying you in future.
Right to complain
In the first instance please talk to us directly so we can resolve the problem or query. You also have the right to contact the supervisory authority, the Information Commissions Office (ICO) their helpline is 030 123 113 or www.ico.org.uk.
How we secure your data?
The information we collect is stored on secure servers and where necessary on encrypted laptops. Our cyber security and integrity is maintained and kept up to date through our external IT support with an ongoing contract in place to ensure continuity.
Credit Card / Debit Card
Tayrol has an active PCI-DSS compliant programme in place. This is the international standard for safe card payment processing. We do not retain or store any card details in hard copy or in our IT systems.
Payments are processed by our payment gateway (e.g. Paypal) which is a direct connection to payment service provided by your bank. This means that when you input your card data into the payment page you are communicating directly with the bank and the bank passes your payment to us. This means that your card information is handled by the bank and not processed or held by us.
Our website is hosted by CompuWeb Communications Services Limited. All transfer of files between our website and your browser are encrypted and delivered over HTTPS.
If you place an order through our website you must provide us with the personal information required to process that order. E.g Name, address (delivery/invoice) and payment details. As your payment is processed by Paypal we never have access to this financial information (card details).
The personal information you provide through our website will be stored in our website database to enable us to process and fulfil your order. You can view this stored information by logging into “My Account” this will also include details of your previous orders. You can amend the information we hold in the “My Account” section.
Cookies are small files which ask for permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies allow us to recognise the device you are using and store some information about your preferences and past actions and improve security.
Our Tacho2 website uses a number of cookies, some of which are essential for the site to work and for us to provide a service to you. These are cookies set by the server (PHPSESSID), WordPress (wp-settings-*, wordpress_*) and WooCommerce (woocommerce*, wp_woocommerce*).
If you wish to block cookies you can do this in your browser setting however this may affect the functionality of our website.
Website Contact Form
Should you choose to contact us via our contact form on our Contact Page or email link, none of that data will by stored by our website or passed to or processed by any third party data processors. The data will be collated in an email and sent to us directly.
Our third party website data processors
This policy will be amended from time to time to ensure it remains up to date and legally compliant. An up to date copy of this policy will remain available at all times on our website or available on request.
Our business and this Policy operate in accordance with the following national and international legislation:-